Friday, October 3, 2008

Adventures in Chicago: Lesson #1: Don't Laugh at Airport Security

The title of this post is kind of misleading because it's mostly in Omaha but our adventure begins there... we were off to the Windy City of Chicago for the weekend, ultimately for the New Kids on the Block concert on Saturday. Tiffany and Chelsey drove down Thursday night so they could fly out of Omaha with me (cheap tickets). We arrived at the Omaha airport around 10:30 a.m. Going through security, Tiffany got randomly selected to be patted down. I turned around from getting my stuff off the conveyor belt thing and started laughing at her. It was just funny to see her in the enclosed glass area.

The security guard said to me, "Are you laughing at her? We don't make fun of people! Get in here!"

Haha. So I got patted down too.

Then, the other security guard saw Chelsey gathering her things and said, "Don't laugh. Don't laugh." Chelsey giggled. "We've got a laugher!"

Needless to say, all three of us were in the glass security area at that point. We have the best picture of us with our arms out with the security guard. I will post it here as soon as my sisters send it to me. Started the trip off right.

Then... it went downhill temporarily. Our flight was cancelled due to a mechanical problem. So they sent us back downstairs to the counters and rerouted us through Southwest airlines on a later flight. People were so grumpy! (except us - we somehow kept our giddyness the whole day.)
Arrival time in Chicago: 5:00 pm

No comments: