Friday, January 28, 2005

Carter's Obituary

Carter's obituary appeared in the Chadron Record and Crawford Clipper the week of January 24-28.

Carter Devon Richardson, baby boy to Devon and Brandy Richardson, was born straight into heaven on January 12, 2005 at 11:10 a.m. at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona. He weighed 4 lbs 1 oz and was 17 inches long.

Carter passed away from Ebstein’s Anomaly, a rare heart defect. Carter was 35 weeks gestation.

He will be lovingly missed by his family which include his parents, paternal grandparents, Sandi Richardson and Norm and Jan Richardson of Chadron, maternal grandparents, Todd and Lori Storbeck of Crawford, maternal great-grandparents, Dale and Donna Brown of Whitney and Clarence and Bonnie Storbeck of Chadron, maternal great-great-grandmother, Dorothy Storbeck of Valley City, North Dakota, Aunt Tiffany Storbeck and her daughter Paige of Sidney, Aunt Natisha Storbeck of Lincoln, Aunt Chelsey Storbeck of Crawford, Aunt Kodie Richardson of Denver, Uncle Scott , Aunt Malena Richardson and their sons, Brayden and Dayton of Chadron, Uncle Kendall, Aunt Crystal Smith and their children, Gentry and Whitney of Stanberry, Missouri and numerous extended family members.

Carter was preceded in death by his second cousin, Nicolas Storbeck of Crawford, and paternal great grandparents, George and Dorothy Harshfield of Chadron and Vern and Ella Richardson of Denver.

Monetary donations received will be donated in Carter’s name to fund children’s heart defect research.

I'll Be There!!

Daddy please don't look so sad, Mommy please don't cry.
Cause I am in the arms of Jesus and he sings me lullabies.
Please try not to question God, don't think he is unkind.
Don't think he sent me to you, and then he changed his mind.

You see, I am a special child, and I'm needed up above.
I'm the special gift you gave him, the product of your love.
I'll always be there with you, and watch the sky at night.
Find the brightest star that's gleaming, that's my halo's brilliant light.

You'll see me in the morning frost, that mists your window pane.
That's me in the summer showers, I'll be dancing in the rain.
When you feel a gentle breeze from the wind that blows
That's me, I'll be there, a kiss on your nose.

When you see a child playing and your heart feels a little tug.
That's me, I'll be there, giving your heart a hug.
So, Daddy please don't look so sad, Mommy don't you cry.
I'm in the arms of Jesus, and he sings me lullabies.

- Author unknown

No comments: